Country Trials Manager
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world.
About our role
The Country Trials Manager is responsible for study start-up deliverables for assigned studies at a country level that are of moderate to high complexity. For studies where there is more than one country trial manager assigned, may act as the Lead Country Trials Manager for the country or cluster of countries and coordinate all the country activities.
The Country Trials Manager partners with the Study Start-Up Project Manager, Study Manager, Site Intelligence Lead, Site Relationship Partner, Site Activation Partner, Contracts Lead, Regulatory Affairs, CRO representatives) and others as required.
The Country Trials Manager provides leadership and country strategic planning and organization skills to ensure the delivery of operational start-up aspects of one or more studies, in accordance with the appropriate quality standards including ICH/GCP standards, SOPs, local operating guidelines and local regulatory requirements, as applicable.
Accountable for the execution of:
- Country level implementation of Start-up and Site Activation Plans.
- Manages and coordinates the study start-up process in countries assigned.
- Timely and quality EC/RA Submissions.
- Delivery of start-up and site activation for assigned studies at country level.
- A scientific or technical degree is preferred along with extensive knowledge of clinical trial methodology. In general, candidates for this job would hold the following levels of education/experience: BS/BSc/MS/MSc; a nursing diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- + 5-7 years of clinical research experience and/or study management/start-up project manager experience.
- Fluent communication in Dutch and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of site selection, site activation, site readiness interdependencies.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management and Quality Management.
- Ability to manage complex processes.
- Risk Identification & Mitigation.
- Strategic Planning, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside of the organization.
Our company values
Excellence, Courage, Equity & Joy
What do we offer?
Pfizer has a pipeline full of innovative medicines for a variety of conditions. As a Pfizer colleague, you'll have the opportunity to maximize the impact of medicines for patients in a variety of ways. In short, you make a real difference.
We are always looking for top talent. We believe you will never stop learning and there will always be a new opportunity for your development. That is why we have broad opportunities in the Dutch organization. There are regular opportunities for training or to gain experience in a different field or even advancement to an international position.
A culture where you can be yourself
We are a large, international organization with people from all over the world. At Pfizer everyone should be able to be themselves, that's what we strive for and live by.
At Pfizer, we know that if you really want to make an impact on people's lives, it's important that your people are at their best. That's why we offer our colleagues good working conditions, such as an appropriate salary and opportunities to work from home. Working a lot of overtime is not the norm for us. We also believe that work and having fun should go hand in hand. That's why, for example, you can participate in all kinds of activities outside of work.
Interested in our role?
Do you know enough and have you decided to respond? We are curious about you and invite you to submit your application via the apply button below. You don't have to worry about a deadline to respond. We keep looking until we have found the right candidate for this position.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.