Medical science liaison for hospital business
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world.
About the role
The Hospital business has one of the broadest portfolios of any company. The Medical Science Liaison within the Dutch Hospital medical team will be providing medical and scientific input to allocated medical activities for the Pfizer Hospital department for their nominated brand(s).
- Provide input to the medical Hospital meetings and lead in the delivery of allocated medical programs and activities, ensuring, through their contribution to cross-functional team working, that medical plans are successfully implemented to achieve short- and long-term objectives.
- Actively partner with other functions to drive meaningful business results of the Hospital department.
- Scientific leadership and partnerships, customer engagement and leveraging insights.
- Development and implementation of medical plans in line with global strategy.
- Support/lead medical activities and interactions with key experts and key external stakeholders on behalf of Pfizer and record all relevant customer interactions (70% of the time).
- Engaging and building relationships with clinical thought leaders and relevant organizations in the therapy area to gain insights to feed into medical strategies.
- Plan and implement consistent high quality interaction with key opinion leaders in the specific therapeutic area(s).
- Participate and support Hospital medical update & training meetings.
- The medical expertise will include an understanding of relevant competitive activity including ongoing studies and product development initiatives.
- Facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- Travel : national travel : 50% of the time visiting hospitals across The Netherlands. International travel for participation at congresses 2 to 3 times/year.
- This is an individual contributor role
- For this position we do not offer relocation.
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree in Pharmaceutical sciences or other related scientific field
- Work Experience: 5-6 years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry with ideally experience in Medical Affairs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to function effectively in a complex, changing environment.
- Good understanding of current computer software and databases.Understanding of hospital world is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent Dutch and English
- Driver’s license.
What do we offer?
Pfizer has a pipeline full of innovative medicines for a variety of conditions. As a Pfizer colleague, you'll have the opportunity to maximize the impact of medicines for patients in a variety of ways. In short, you make a real difference.
We are always looking for top talent. We believe you will never stop learning and there will always be a new opportunity for your development. That is why we have broad opportunities in the Dutch organization. There are regular opportunities for training or to gain experience in a different field or even advancement to an international position.
A culture where you can be yourself
We are a large, international organization with people from all over the world. At Pfizer everyone should be able to be themselves, that's what we strive for and live by.
At Pfizer, we know that if you really want to make an impact on people's lives, it's important that your people are at their best. That's why we offer our colleagues good working conditions, such as an appropriate salary and opportunities to work from home. Working a lot of overtime is not the norm for us. We also believe that work and having fun should go hand in hand. That's why, for example, you can participate in all kinds of activities outside of work.
Are you interested?
Do you know enough and have you decided to respond? We are curious about you and invite you to submit your application via the apply button below. You don't have to worry about a deadline to respond. We keep looking until we have found the right candidate for this position. Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.