Senior IP Counsel
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world. That’s why our newly launched business, Upjohn, leverages the strengths at the core of who we are: an entrepreneurial mindset and a sense of purpose.
About the position
As our new Senior IP Counsel you will provide support and guidance to the Netherlands based businesses regarding Upjohn’s global legal matters. Main focus is on intellectual property matters for Upjohn’s products as well as support establishment of the Upjohn Netherlands based corporate entities. Furthermore, in this position we ask you to provide general legal guidance and advice related to Upjohn’s commercial, tax, and compliance matters. You are our delegate to provide advice and guidance regarding Upjohn litigation matters, including product liability and litigation reserves; collaborate with regulatory law on EU regulatory matters for the Netherlands based entities. The main responsibilities summarized:
- Provide general patent, trademark, tradenames, and copyright support for Upjohn’s research, development, clinical and regulatory activities
- Provide patent litigation support
- Provide transactional support and due diligence for Upjohn intellectual property matters including license, development, supply, and intercompany agreements
- Manage Upjohn’s Netherlands based Upjohn entities’ legal matters that relate to Upjohn’s international corporate governance, including, but not limited to, the following: Draft board resolutions, intercompany agreements and other legal agreements that relate to Upjohn’s international structures in the Netherlands, including the holding companies and Upjohn’s export company
- Review proposed dividend distributions from subsidiaries from legal perspective and liaise with other stakeholders to obtain approvals
Education: Master’s degree in Law is required.
Language skills: Fluent English written and spoken required, spoken Dutch as an advantage.
- 10-15 years’ experience as providing patent and trademark support preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be an attorney in good standing with license to practice preferably in the Netherlands, or any jurisdiction in the EU
- Significant experience with patent and trademark prosecution, defense, and enforcement
- Skilled communicator, researcher and drafter
- Significant client focus and collaboration with other functions and the business
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company
Of course we offer excellent working conditions with flexible working hours. And in addition to the efforts we expect from you, there is also plenty of time and attention for relaxation. For example, during the year we organize various sports activities, drinks and voluntary work during working hours / Pfizer4All. You can get in touch with all your other colleagues in a relaxed way.
Sounds like you and have you decided to respond? We are interested in you and invite you to submit your application via the application button below.
Selected candidates who would be based in The Netherlands must have the authorization to live and work in The Netherlands
We do not respond to requests from recruitment agencies
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.