Transfer Pricing Specialist
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world. That’s why our newly launched business, Upjohn, leverages the strengths at the core of who we are: an entrepreneurial mindset and a sense of purpose.
About the position
For the Upjohn business unit we are looking for a Transfer Pricing Specialist who will be located in the Netherlands, with key goal of supporting centrally, Upjohn’s global transfer pricing initiatives and overall global tax and business strategy. Interested in the exciting opportunity to further develop this new role in our regional finance team? Then we might have something for you!
The successful Transfer Pricing Specialist will develop a deeper understanding of how Upjohn operates globally and its transfer pricing policy and procedures. The colleague will support discussions with Upjohn Global Supply and Commercial Finance colleagues along with Global Tax support, with a view to ensuring appropriate execution of transfer pricing methodologies.
The main responsibilities are:
- Perform analysis at a legal entity level of the income statement and analyse the profitability of specific products, identifying those with profit levels outside arm’s length range
- Conduct conference calls with stakeholders in country finance and global tax to review legal entity profitability and document minutes
- Request and review data elements from stakeholders to propose transfer price on new product – API, drug manufacture and finished goods
- Prepare models of pricing scenarios in SAP
- Determine the implementation plans for new TP policies and strategic initiatives
- Consult with stakeholders for review and approval of transfer price changes and load into Global Markup Exchange (GMX)
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures (SOPs), and ensure work instructions and SOP documentation are updated as necessary
- Perform the Quarterly ‘Services-In’, Allocations and ‘Services-Out’ process activities for the in-scope markets
- Finalize support documentation and upload audit-ready files into the tax repository and provide financial analysis for Global Tax as required
- Manage stakeholder relationships and facilitate meetings with stakeholders from country finance teams and Global Tax to review Services flows
- Resolve any issues by engaging with relevant stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution
- Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of Upjohn’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
- Ensure adherence to defined control and compliance requirements as per Upjohn policies and provide necessary support to the internal and external audit processes
Overall, we need you to help creating a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork. As the Transfer Pricing Specialist you will proactively participate in determining and implementing best practice, and drive for continuous improvement.
Education: Qualified or part-qualified accountant proactively studying towards a recognized financial qualification.
- Accounting or tax related experience in a Corporate Finance, Shared Service, or Public Accounting environment
- Strong knowledge of business processes, internal control and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Previous FP&A experience in a commercial organization and knowledge of the P&L (ideally Pharmaceutical) would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supply chain/transfer pricing would be an advantage
- Practical experience of US-GAAP and Statutory Accounting, in particular knowledge of Upjohn Standards and an ability to analytically review and challenge statutory financial statements to ensure completeness
- Experience in dealing with internal and external auditors and supporting the audit process
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong analytical financial skills is a prerequisite
- Knowledge and understanding of transfer pricing concepts for tangible goods, services, intangibles
- Knowledge of Inventory accounting, Pricing or Mark-up systems (e.g. GMX-Global Markup Exchange) highly desirable
- Knowledge of Upjohn Intercompany flows and processes highly desirable
- Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- SAP, E1 & HFM / FDM, Smartview experience highly desirable
Language skills: Fluent English written and spoken required, spoken Dutch as an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management. Strong accounting, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- High level of self-motivation, energy and flexibility
- Highly customer and service minded
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Of course we offer excellent working conditions with flexible working hours. And in addition to the efforts we expect from you, there is also plenty of time and attention for relaxation. For example, during the year we organize various sports activities, drinks and voluntary work during working hours / Pfizer4All. You can get in touch with all your other colleagues in a relaxed way.
Sounds like you and have you decided to respond? We are interested in you and invite you to submit your application via the application button below.
Selected candidates who would be based in The Netherlands must have the authorization to live and work in The Netherlands. We do not respond to requests from recruitment agencies
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.