Orphan Drug Lead the Netherlands
Do you want to be part of an international, innovative, world-class pharmaceutical company? Of an organization committed to putting patients first? Pfizer has always evolved with the changing needs of the people who rely on us to create a healthier world.
About the role
The Orphan Drug Lead is a national role focusing on the Netherlands being 60% marketing & operational and 40% customer focused. The ODL is responsible for the strategy and the execution thereof, for the brand or portfolio including launch plans if applicable. You are responsible to achieve related financial budgets, manage the DME and evaluate performance and act accordingly if corrections are needed. As ODL you increase the awareness in NL of the rare disease related to your brands and be the strategic partner for your KOLs. You are scientifically knowledge of the Rare Disease as well as that you gain insights on the patient and HCP journey. You pursue market innovation to support business goals. You work together with various disciplines in and outside the Pfizer organization.
Marketing and Financial Performance.
- You are nationally responsible for sales and marketing for you brand or portfolio within the Rare disease unit
- You are responsible for the yearly strategic operating plan, including long range forecasting, sales targets and updating the quarterly updates in relation to the latest estimates
- You are responsible to maintain and gain strong and intense customer relations with different HCP’s amongst which are KOL’s, or physicians involved in the diagnosis of these Rare Disease. You also maintain strong relations with specialist nurses, pharmacist or if needed financial managers in the different (academic) hospitals or treatment centers for Rare Diseases.
- Strong indirect relation with PAGs in order to build and understand the patient journey that is aligned with efforts to improve the healthcare pathway or diagnosis in Rare Diseases
Strategy, Innovation & Execution
- Development and implementation of local strategic and tactical plans based on customer/account insights, competitive and environmental analysis, aligned across key stakeholders
- Pursue market innovation opportunities which meet the needs of customers/accounts, and supports business goals
- This is an individual contributor role
- Education: Academic degree in science, life science or business
- Work experience: More than 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing within pharmaceutical industry. Broad experience with digital and multi-channel marketing
- Knowledge and competencies:
- Analytic, problem solver, creative, energetic, result driven, flexible and risktaker
- Team player who can focus on different tasks and colleagues and clients with different backgrounds
- Knowledge of account management and expertise to build multi-stakeholder partnerships and networks
- Excellence in communications and relationship management
- Business acumen and operational excellence
- Languages: Fluency in business Dutch and English language is mandatory
What do we offer?
Pfizer has a pipeline full of innovative medicines for a variety of conditions. As a Pfizer colleague, you'll have the opportunity to maximize the impact of medicines for patients in a variety of ways. In short, you make a real difference.
We are always looking for top talent. We believe you will never stop learning and there will always be a new opportunity for your development. That is why we have broad opportunities in the Dutch organization. There are regular opportunities for training or to gain experience in a different field or even advancement to an international position.
A culture where you can be yourself
We are a large, international organization with people from all over the world. At Pfizer everyone should be able to be themselves, that's what we strive for and live by.
At Pfizer, we know that if you really want to make an impact on people's lives, it's important that your people are at their best. That's why we offer our colleagues good working conditions, such as an appropriate salary and opportunities to work from home. Working a lot of overtime is not the norm for us. We also believe that work and having fun should go hand in hand. That's why, for example, you can participate in all kinds of activities outside of work.
Are you interested?
Do you know enough and have you decided to respond? We are curious about you and invite you to submit your application via the apply button below. You don't have to worry about a deadline to respond. We keep looking until we have found the right candidate for this position. Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Marketing and Market Research